MBBS/BDS ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test)
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET is the country’s sole medical entrance examination, through which all medical colleges, run by the central and state governments, as well as private institutions and minority institutions, will admits students. NEET 2017 (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) will be held for providing admissions to MBBS/BDS courses offered by all government and private medical colleges in India. It is a one tier exam, commences once in a year in the month of May. All seats (MBBS/BDS) of any medical/dental college will be filled by the score of NEET examination only.Eligibility
- 1. The minimum age limit is17 years as of 31st December of the year of admission.
- 2. Candidate must have passed/appearing 12thor equivalent examination from any recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology or any other elective subject with English.
- 3. In 10 + 2 or HSC, the candidate must have secured a minimum of 50% marks for General Category and 40% marks for OBC/SC/ST.
- 4. Aadhar Card is mandatory for application.
Visit the official website of the respective authority.
The NEET UG 2017 application fee is Rs. 1000/- for General and OBC category candidate and Rs. 500/- for SC/ST/PH category candidates.
|NEET 2017 Exam Date||First Sunday of May|
|Result Declared||First or second week of June|
- The exam will be a 3 hour paper, based in pen and paper mode.
- The question paper will be available in English or Hindi.
- The paper will consist of 45 questions each from Physics and Chemistry, and 90 questions from Biology, making a total of 180 questions.
- Each correct answer will be awarded 4 marks, while for each incorrect response, 1 mark will be deducted.
- The paper will be worth a maximum 720 marks.
|General – PH||324|
|OBC/SC/ST – PH||288|
- Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
- Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi
- King George Medical College, Lucknow
- Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- Christian Medical College, Ludhiana
- Grant Medical College, Mumbai
- BJMC, Ahmedabad
- BJMC, Pune
- Kolkata Medical College, Kolkata
- Assam Medical College, Dibrugarh, Assam
- Patna Medical College, Patna
- Madras Medical College, Chennai
- University College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute
- Seth GS Medical College, Mumbai
- VMCC and Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi
- Government Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh
- Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla
- SMS Medical College, Jaipur
- RNT Medical College, Udaipur
- NDMC Medical College, New Delhi
- SCB Medical College, Cuttack
AIIMS (ALL INDIA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES)
All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) entrance exam is one of the most popular and extensively competitive entrance examinations in the medical field in our country today. It is the gateway to a flourishing career in medical sciences, held every year on a national level. Only about 0.67 % students who took AIIMS 2014 exam were able to clear it.
The candidate should have completed the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of corresponding year.
The exam will be conducted in online mode i.e. computer based test (CBT). The exam will be for 3 hours and 30 minutes conducted in morning and forenoon sessions. The online question booklet of AIIMS 2016 exam will have 200 multiple choice and reason-assertion type questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Knowledge. The exam pattern of AIIMS 2016 is mentioned below.
|Exam Date||May 29-2016|
Morning Session – 09:00 AM to 12:30 PM
Evening Session – 03:00 PM to 06:30 PM
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test i.e. Online mode|
|Allocation of exam shift||Random|
|Language of Paper||Bilingual – English or Hindi|
|Types of questions||Multiple choice and reason-assertion based|
|No. of Questions||200|
|Distribution of Questions||Physics – 60 Chemistry – 60 Biology – 60 General Knowledge – 20|
|Marking Scheme||Correct answer: +1 marks are given Incorrect answer: -1/3 mark is deducted|
Common syllabus notified by the
Medical council of India.
Generally, CBSE syllabus taught at 10+2 level
|AIIMS 2016 Exam Date||End of May Month|
|Expected date of declaration of AIIMS 2016 Result||June 2nd week|
Qualification required to clear the aiims exam
|CATEGORY||AIIMS 2016 CUT OFF|
|General including OPH belonging to General Category||50% which is equal to 100 marks|
|OBC including OPH belonging to OBC Category||45% which is equal to 90 marks|
|SC/ST including OPH belonging to SC/ST Category||40% which is equal to 80 marks|
JIPMER (Jawaharlal Institute Postgraduate Medical Education & Research)
JIPMER is one of the premier institutions in the field of medical education in India. It organizes JIPMER MBBS entrance exam for admission into MBBS course in 200 seats. These courses are provided by the JIPMER, Puducherry &JIPMER, Karaikal.Important dates
|Exam date||4th June 2017 (Morning shift – 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.) & (Afternoon shift – 3:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.)|
|Merit List announcement||on or before 19th June 2017|
- Candidates must be an Indian National.
- OCIand NRI candidates are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates must have completed the age of 17 yearsat the time of admission. There is not any relaxation on age limit for reserved categories.
- Students must have passed/appearing 10+2or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology subjects.
- The candidate should have passed in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually and should have scored minimum 50% marks in PCB(for general) and 40% marks (for SC/ST /OBC/ OPH (reserved).
- General OPH candidates have to secure minimum 45% marks in the above mentioned subjects.
- Seat reservation for different categories for admission in MBBS course is listed below:
|Category||No. of Seats|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||28|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||16|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||11|
|NRI/ OCI (Under Self Financing Scheme)||5|
JIPMER Exam Pattern
- Language: The exam will be conducted in English medium.
- of Questions: The question paper will contain 200 multiple choice questions.
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be organized through CBT (Computer Based Test) mode.
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking in this exam.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be given for each correct response.
|Subject||No. of Questions|
|Logical and Quantitative Reasoning||10|
|English and Comprehension||10|
The syllabus for MBBS entrance exam will be based on the syllabus prescribed by State Board Hr. Sec. and CBSE for XI & XII Standards. The questions will be asked from different topics such as physics, chemistry, Biology, Logic and Quantitative Reasoning and English and Comprehension.
JIPMER 2017 Result
|SC/ ST/ OBC/-OPH||40|
Why Future Edge?
- 1. Practice large number of question.
- 2. Get your doubts resolved from the best, instantly.
- 3. Know where you stand among the peers.
- 4. Goal based learning.
- 5. Performance report on PTMs
- 6. Students will be provided with assignments, DPP and previous question papers.
- 7. Regular counselling to motivate the students so that they can handle the peer pressure.
List of other Medical Courses
The best medical courses are as the following
BSc and BSc (H)
The students who wish to continue with the traditional science field can go for the B.Sc or B.Sc (Hons) degree after 12th (Science). Once you have done your graduation, you may choose the career in scientific research, banking, teaching, chemist, analyst, biologist, zoologist and management. After the completion of this course, there are various job opportunities in both private and government sectors.
Pharmacy is one of the most popular courses after 12th science. There is a heavy requirement of well-qualified pharmacists in our hospitals, colleges and pharmaceutical industries. This programme has the maximum job surety rather than others. This course involves the subjects like chemistry, pharmaceutical chemistry, drugs indication & contraindication, chemical structure, new drugs development, formulations, analysis of chemical and drugs, handling and calibration of the instruments uses in pharmacy and research & development.
Naturopathy & Yogic Science
Naturopathy & Yogic Science is one of the trusted fields after Allopathy in India. It is the oldest method for cure and prevention of diseases in the world. At present, it is not only popular in India but also growing rapidly across the world. The degree in Naturopathy & Yogic Science is an approved educational programme in India. Its study involves the use of medical treatment by using natural substances and herbal medicines.
Dairy Technology is the separate branch after 12th science. It is a big field of educational study. It covers the technology that is used in the production, manufacturing, quality analysis, and research of dairy products. A graduate in dairy technology has the opportunity to work in dairy industries like Amul, Parag, Param, Mother Dairy and other food industries. The other advantage of this course is that, it helps an individual in establishing his own business.
Biotechnology is the emerging field of science. It is one of the rapidly growing field that uses both biology and technology to develop the highly advanced medical products like drugs, medicines and medical devices. It is the technical & biological combined process to understand, develop, diagnose and research the diseases and medicines. It is a respectable and responsible job oriented field. Ones can go for the food & beverages industries, animal husbandry and agriculture industries after the completion of the course.
B.Sc. Food Technology
B.Sc Nursing – 4 years
Candidate must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry & Biology with a minimum of 45% marks. The motive of B.Sc. Nursing programme is to produce the qualified nurses, as a member of the health care team.
B.P.T (Physiotherapy) – 4.5 years
Candidate must have passed in 12th class or equivalent with a minimum 50% marks in physics, chemistry and biology. Physiotherapy helps the temporary disabled people in their rehabilitation.
B.O.T (Occupational Therapy) – 3 years
Candidate must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry & Biology. Some institutions may opt for an entrance examination. The Occupational Therapy helps the people to enable in their everyday life and treats the emotionally and physically challenged people.
B.U.M.S (Unani Medicine) – 5.5 years
B.H.M.S (Homoeopathic Medicine) – 5.5 years
B.A.M.S (Ayurvedic Medicine) – 5.5 years
BMLT (Bachelor of Medical Lab Technicians) – 3 year
It is a bachelor degree of medical laboratory technology, contains the entire laboratory practices of the medical system. Candidate must have cleared the 10+2 exam with PCB. Various institutions are offering the B.Sc. programme in medical laboratory technology in India.
DMLT (Diploma of Medical Lab Technicians) – 1 year
It is a medical diploma course of medical laboratory technology, contains the laboratory practices of the medical field. Candidate must have cleared the 10+2 exam with PCB.