JEE Main 2014 Entrance Exam
Conducted by the JEE Apex Board, JEE Main exam Paper 1 (B.E. / B. Tech) is also an 'Eligibility-cum-Screening-Test' for the JEE Advanced that a candidate must take if he/she is aspiring for the undergraduate programmes in IITs or ISM Dhanbad.
- Date of Submission of Online Application Forms: 15th Nov 2013-6th Jan 2014
- Date of Offline Entrance Examination: 6th April 2014
- Date of Online Examination (B.E. / B.Tech): 9th, 11th, 12th and 19th April 2014
- Date of Result of JEE Main Examination: 3rd May 2014
- Candidates belonging to the General category whose date of birth falls on or after 1st Oct 1989 and there is a 5 year relaxation for those belonging to SC / ST / PWD, born not after 1st Oct 1984 are eligible to give the examination.
- Candidate must have passed in subjects like Chemistry, Language, Physics, and Mathematics along with either technical or any vocational subject with a minimum of 45% marks.
- One can avail up to 3 attempts in JEE Main Exam in consecutive years.
- JEE (Main) - 2014 comprises of two papers Paper-1 (B. E. / B. Tech.) consisting of 90 questions from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, (30 questions per subject).
- Paper-2 is meant for Bachelors in Architecture or Bachelors in Planning.
- Depending upon the course(s) candidates may take Paper-1 (B. E. / B. Tech.) or Paper-2 (B. Arch. / B. Planning.) or both.
- The question papers will be printed separately in English and Hindi.
- In order to appear in JEE (Main) 2014, the candidates are required to apply online only as per the procedure.
- Applicants can apply for the exam online without sending any documents to JEE Main Secretariat. The form can rather be submitted online at: www.jeemain.nic.in.
- One must keep scanned copies of one’s photograph, left hand thumb impression, signature ready in JPG format to be uploaded online.
- He/she can pay the examination fee through Debit/Credit Card or through an E-Chalan form.
- The candidate must download the Acknowledgement Slip and keep it safe for future use.