About CBSE (AIPMT):
The All India Pre-Medical Test is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education for admission to BDS and MBBS courses in government colleges. It is conducted once a year in India by CBSE and the counseling of the selected candidates is taken care of by DGHS.
- Minimum 17 years of age at the time of admission.
- Age limit is relaxed by 5 years for those who belong to SC/ST/OBC category.
- 50% marks for students of General category and 40% for the ones in SC/ST/OBC category
- It is compulsory to pass in subjects like Physics, Biology, Chemistry and English individually.
Entrance Clearing Criteria
- 50th percentile for General category and 40th percentile for those who belong to the SC/ST/OBC category.
- The Entrance Exam consists of one paper containing 180 objective type questions from Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology (45 questions per subject) where equal weightage is given to all three (PCB) subjects.
- Duration of the examination is 3 hours.
- Medium of the examination: English and Hindi.
- Date of AIPMT Entrance Exam 2014: May 4, 2014
- One candidate can take maximum 3 attempts.
- For every correct answer, one gets four marks. For each incorrect response, one mark is deducted from the total score.
- More than one answer per question is deemed as an incorrect response and will be negatively marked.
- For evaluation, Test Booklet Code printed on Side 2 of the Answer Sheet is the final one.
- One can apply for the entrance exam online by logging on to www.aipmt.nic.in.
- The candidates must have scanned images of his/her latest photographs and signature in JPG format.
How to pay for the Application Form?
- One can pay for the exam either through Debit/Credit card using the online payment mode or by depositing in CBSE Bank Account with Canara or Syndicate Bank directly.
- One can also deposit in the CBSE account with e-post Office by downloading the Chalan Form from the website of www.aipmt.nic.in.
Submission of the Application Form
- Log on to the site: www.aipmt.nic.in.
- Open the link that says “Apply online”
- Read the instructions and procedure mentioned, carefully.
- Fill the Online Application Form Part-I and note down the registration number.
- Upload the JPG file of your photograph and signature in Part-II of the Application Form.
- Make payment through Debit/Credit Card or Chalan Form in Part-III.
- Take the print out of Confirmation Page(s) from Part IV of the application format and if you are depositing the fee through the Chalan Form then send the confirmation page(s) to CBSE along with a copy of proof of the fee deposited to: The Assistant Secretary (Exam), Aipmit Unit, Central Board of Secondary Education, Shiksha Kendra, 2, Community Centre, Preet Vihar, Delhi-110 301 by Speed Post/Registered Post so that it reaches positively before the last date of receipt of the Application Form.
Note: No Application Forms will be received personally from the candidates.