JEE (Advanced) 2014 Entrance Exam
JEE Advanced is conducted by 7 zonal IITs for admission to undergraduate programmes. The top 1.5 Lac candidates (across all categories) who are through in the merit list of JEE (main) Paper-1 are eligible to write JEE Advanced.
- Date of Registration of JEE (Advanced): 4th May-9th May 2014
- Date of the Entrance Examination: 25th May 2014
- Date of Result of JEE (Advanced): 19th June 2014
- The applicant belonging to the General and OBC category must be born on or post 1st Oct 1989 to be eligible to sit for the exam whereas those from SC, ST or PWD category must have been born on or after 1st Oct 1984.
- A candidate can attempt the JEE Advanced exam twice, that too in consecutive years.
- The candidate must have passed in subjects like Chemistry, Language, Physics, and Mathematics along with either technical or any vocational subject with a minimum of 40% marks.
- Those who are yet-to-appear in these exams in 2014 can also appear in JEE Advanced 2014.
- Paper 1 and 2 contains questions designed to test the candidate’s comprehension, analytical ability, reasoning etc. Incorrect answers may be given negative marks in some sections.
- The duration of the Examination is 3 hours and around 1, 50, 000 candidates will be declared as qualified based on their scores.
- JEE (Advanced) comprises of 2 objective type papers- Paper 1 and 2 with each question paper consisting of questions from: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- One can give the exam in either of the 2 mediums: English or Hindi.
One must register online at: http://jeeadv.iitkgp.ac.in from 4th-9th May 2014, 10am to 5pm.
He/she is required to upload a soft copy of the following certificates:
- Year of first attempt in JEE Advanced
- Exam centre (town)
- Language Choice
- DS Category Entitlement
- Original Passport size photograph in JPEG format
- Scanned signature (JPEG file)
- Date of Birth, Category, Class-X certificate