JIPMER Entrance Exam
JIPMER is one of the leading medical institutions which imparts Undergraduate, Postgraduate courses and Special Medical Training. There are 141 seats available for admission to MBBS course and the MBBS entrance exam is conducted by JIPMER at different centres, once every year.
- The applicant must be of Indian nationality.
- He/she must have completed minimum age limit of 17 years.
- Candidate must have passed in 10+2 Examination including in subjects like English, Physics, Biology and Chemistry with minimum 50% marks.
- For SC/ST/OBC candidates, minimum qualifying marks are 40% whereas for those belonging to OPH category, minimum 45% marks are required.
- Online Application forms for JIPMER exam are available on the website from March 2014 to last week of April 2014.
- Last date for submitting the applications: 4th April 2014.
- Admit cards would be available on the website on 15th May 2014.
- Date of Examination: 1st June 2014 and timings: 10:00am-12:30pm.
- Date of Result Declaration: on or before 9th June 2014.
- Date of Counseling: Mid July.
- Last Date for Admission in MBBS Course: last week of September.
- The question paper includes 200 objective type questions with four alternatives for each question. Equal weightage is given to all subjects: English, Physics, Botany, Chemistry and Zoology.
- Each question is for four marks and only one correct answer needs to be marked by darkening the circle completely against each question.
- JIPMER Entrance Examination is based on the syllabus of XI & XII Standard as per CBSE and State Board Hr. Secondary.
How to get the Application Form?
- Application Form can be downloaded online from the link: http://www.jipmer.edu.in.
- The forms are also available in SBI branches across India.
- Payment can be made through computer generated Chalan Form in any branch of SBI. The applicant can also send by post a print out of the online form along with the application number and proof of payment/demand draft.
- Admit cards will be uploaded on the website and can be downloaded by the candidates.
Note: 3% seats are reserved for OPH (Orthopedic Physically Challenged) candidates as per their rank in the merit list.
The total number and distribution of seats may vary depending upon the periodic decisions from the Authorities.